Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flying

Sooo.... because my summer hasn't officially started yet, I'm posting a list of things I love about flying in airplanes in anticipation for my fun filled summer!!
  • comfy clothes - I enthusiastically find pleasure in planning the perfect outfit for flying. The key is to layer! Although it might be 98F at your destination, the sky is a cold place. Although I am all for fashion, I do not understand how people can dress their best on planes. This year, I plan to wear a navy-and-white striped romper (for the arrival and departure) under velour navy sweat pants and my favorite comfy sweatshirt with navy (see a theme here?) boating shoes.


  • airplane food - No, I'm not crazy; I just love food! The compactly packed, miniature trays that these meals come in are perfection. You never know what you're getting until you excitedly peel back that layer of plastic film. Oh and the measures they go to to make the meal seem like one you would have on land, in a real restaurant: the slightly miniature utensils, the stylishly-designed plastic dishes, and the dainty coffee cup! I found this cartoon...it perfectly describes me!
  • snacks and soda - As I said, I love food and free food is even better, granted that you do pay a good deal of money to ride an airplane. This pic is sad but true. I hate recessions. They'll probably start charging for bathrooms soon :(
  • the entertainment - tons and tons of recently released movies at the touch of your fingertip (or the use of a tricky-to use remote)

No comments:

Post a Comment