Saturday, August 7, 2010

Belgrade Summer Style

During my long stay here in Belgrade, I've noticed a trend that is very prevalent here that I haven't seen people actually wearing in the US. Fashion is an intrinsic part of cultural and I think that street style is more important than what the catwalk dictates (I'm not saying that I don't treat fashion magazines like my bible though...). Check out these Harem pants and these street style blogs that I love perusing for inspiration!

So, although I have seen harem pants (I like calling them genie pants, in honor of my friend Sam who first bought them on a trip to Spain) mentioned in my beloved magazine, Belgrade is the first place I have seen real people, and not models on the runway, wearing them. Basically, genie pants have a low, baggy crotch and are usually tighter at the bottom... like Aladdin! I have seen these pants in floral and paisley patterns at Zara and Bershka, but these are very hard to pull if you have a larger derriere, so proceed with caution. I'm kind of ambivalent about my thoughts on this trend, but that's probably because I can't find a pair that looks flattering on me!


And now for the street style blogs:
I think being a street style photographer would be so much fun because I see people I would love to take photos of but I'm too shy to ask and I don't really have a good excuse for taking their photo besides my own personal style inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment